Saturday, 6 June 2020

Preeceville Graduation Speech - June 5th, 2020

Preeceville Graduation Speech



"It is my honor and privilege as Mayor of this great community to provide todays Graduation speech.

Preeceville Graduates, you have reached the finish line. It was not always easy, but you persevered through challenges big and small to reach this moment. You are now the author of your own story. Your fate is very much in your own hands. Each day starts with a blank page and only you can decide what is written on it and how your story will unfold.

To the parents, teachers, family members and friends who helped and encouraged along the way: “Thank you”. You don’t always want to admit it, but you could not have made it through without their love, support and guidance. They will continue to serve as an important layer of support as you start the next chapter in your life’s story.

Your experience at Preeceville High School is merely a starting point in your new journey. When you go off to university, or the workforce, or maybe even the military don’t forget that you are fortunate to come from this community. Your accomplishments are all of our accomplishments and we could not be prouder.  My hope is that when you’re doing the amazing things out in the real world that you will always remember where “home” is.

Bon Jovi sang  ”It’s my life, It’s now or never” There are no truer words ever spoken. Live life to the fullest, follow your dreams, take chances, laugh often and love deeply. Make sure when you look back that you can say “I am glad I did” rather than “I wish I had”.

On behalf of the Town Of Preeceville council, staff, citizens and the Mayor’s Office I want to congratulate all of you on a job well done.  This is your life. Go and live it to the fullest."

Mayor Harris 
June 5th, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment