Thursday, 5 June 2014

RELAY FOR LIFE Welcome to Town

RELAY FOR LIFE

Welcome to Preeceville. As I took over the job as Mayor I was very proud to be a volunteer and hold this top office position in our community. Over the years I did not think that I could ever be more proud to be from Saskatchewan and this great Town. I was mistaken. What our volunteers have accomplished to make our town a better place has inspired me and made me prouder than ever of the two things I love to promote, this town and this great Province. “Preeceville, Proud to be located in Saskatchewan”

 I love to say, Preeceville is a community of one thousand in a province of one million, so one of a thousand more communities. And just how do we fit in?

I believed that we can change the world. It starts with the community and its foundations. One of which is its volunteers. From that all other good things start and grow.

 
We have succeeded in keeping more people engaged and enthusiastic about their service to others in their groups and the community. Our Relay for Life is about the giving back, having fun, renewing friendships and strengthening the bonds among all of us.
I believed in this town and in working together with persistence and creativity, that we can achieve what many would believe impossible. Being confident that we can do it will grow our community into the future. This Lions Sports Park as an example was built by volunteers for all to enjoy and use.
 
Our volunteers, my follow community leaders and staff hope you enjoy your visit to our little town.  
 
Mayor Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment